Old 09-05-2010, 10:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default koi information

Nick,

You have us beat. Our 44th anniversary will be at the end of July. I
hit 65 this year. I am not sure what I will do if we live here when
we hit 75. Pond maintenance isn't much...but then....at 75?

I had to replace our submersible pump this season. I put it at the
bottom of the 7' deep well when I built the pond in 96 or so. Works
well. BUT at 75, will I want to dive down and pull the pump? I
thought not! So I put the new one (Pondmaster) OUTSIDE the pond, but
under the normal water level for no-prime service. Changing this one
means only shutting off two valves and undoing couplings. Maybe I can
pull that off at 75.

Have a great birthday and 50th!

Jim