Old 25-02-2003, 05:53 AM
CyberCafe

Default Goats ate tree's bark

Menk45 wrote:

I live in rural Missouri next to my mother and father in law. They
own 4 goats that escaped from their pen, yesterday, and made their way
into my yard. Not necessarily a big deal, except for the fact that
they ate almost all of the bark off of a ~7 ft tall Douglas Pear tree.

Is there any way to save the tree or should I just accept the fact
that it will die, dig it up, and plant a new tree?

Here is a link that includes information on bridge grafting, which is the
technique you would need to save that tree.
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/ed...fs60/fs60.html

Barb
http://www.mid-wi.com/office

Thanks!