Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Mathias

Default Yet another algea question... (sigh)

Hi everyone!

I've got a 300 liter (75 g) tank with a low fishload but with lots of
plants, Amazones, Java fern, Riccia and many more. I'm adding preassured CO2
with a reactor designed for a 400 liter tank. Allthough I'm not getting as
much CO2 into the water as I'd like to, most plants are pearling nicely. pH
is on the high side with about 6.8 and gH is 5. I'm adding Tropica liquid
fert. dosed as recommended by Tropica and a few drops of iron. Lighting is 4
SunGlo 4.200K at 4 * 36 Watts. Photoperiod is about 12-14 hrs.

I have very little algea in the tank, but recently I've seen some of those
long, nasty disgusting aglea-strings that looks like a long human hair on
some of the plants. They can be removed by simply pulling them out, but it
seems useless to even try to get them all. Now to my question; Does anyone
know if this perticular type of algea is caused by phosfates (have no test
for that) or anything else inperticulat that I CAN adjust, such as lighting
or fertilizer. Or is there a critter that'll eat the stuff?

/Mathias

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad catapult tuum saxum