Old 12-05-2010, 02:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Mystery flower

Well, it's a mystery to me. I am rather poor at identifying plants. I
was about to use the weed eater on this patch when I saw this plant.
Usually I use my guilt-free gardening method to determine weeds. That
is: If I pull it up, it is a weed by definition. It doesn't matter
if it looks identical in every way to a desirable plant just inches
away; if I pull it up, it's a weed. This property is not
transferable. That is, if *you* pull up a desirable plant, it remains
a desirable plant, and you should go hang your head in shame. However,
if I pull up the same plant, it is a weed. Master Gardeners may know
how to grow pretty flowers, but it takes a Super Ultimate Gardener to
tell a weed disguised as, say, a marigold. But I digress. Anyway,
is this a desirable plant or a noxious weed?
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...y112010003.jpg
..