Old 14-05-2010, 02:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Mystery flower

On Thu, 13 May 2010 09:48:40 EDT, kathy wrote:

I would give it a chance.
Mine does not seem overly aggressive, in that the iris are the
dominant plant on the island now. Is native to your area so no
pond police will come to visit.
And it is *purty* and the leaves are pretty in the fall.

kathy :-)

Seems I have two "plots" of it, one growing where the water must be a
foot deep. How it made it up through the duckweed I'll never know. It
must be a "winter hardy" type plant that comes up every year.
..