Old 19-05-2010, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default What's wrong with my rose

Only a shot in the dark - is the rose root bound ?

How about are you using long term (rock or dissolve slow) fertilizer ?

The chemical mix might not be attuned to flowers but to green or only root.

Next to a fence - might mean cement lime leaching. Wrong ph.

A soil sample - next to and several feet away and deep in both spots -
might show something in a report. Can you get soil tested at a county
Ag office ?

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 5/18/2010 3:14 PM, Rachel Matthews wrote:
Hi, I bought a rose a few years ago and planted it near a fence in full
sun, I have to confess I have no idea what type it was, each year it
just puts up a single stem that grows about 4m tall with one flower on
the top. I've tried prunning it before Xmas after Xmas but still the
same result. Any advice please?