Old 29-05-2010, 07:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Mystery flower

On Wed, 12 May 2010 09:48:25 EDT, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

if *you* pull up a desirable plant, it remains
a desirable plant. However,
if I pull up the same plant, it is a weed.
is this a desirable plant or a noxious weed?
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...y112010003.jpg
.

Before answering, my first question would have been.... Did you pull it or
not? I see in later posts you did not, and ID was given by kathy. It is
winter hardy, survives here nicely in Zone 7. Not sure what its lowest zone
is. Your plant looks particularly healthy and hardy w/beautiful blooms.
Caterpillars do love it, so watch for those. Picking them off is easy, if
the plant is easy to access. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us