Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
350X_Rider

Default DIY CO2 diffuser

| In my 10g tank, i use one 2L pop bottle. For the diffuser I use an
upturned
| cup that is about 2" in diameter, and it works just fine. I'd guess that
| using this setup, at least half of the CO2 bubbles out of the tank, and
the
| rest dissolves. But, it stays at about 15ppm which is good for my needs.
In
| my 55g tank, I have been trying to use the same method but with 2 2L pop
| bottles and part of a plastic 500mL milk container as the upturned cup.
It
| has about 4 times the surface are of the other one, and again probably
half
| of the CO2 bubbles out. But, I can only reach about 10ppm, which is too
low
| (I'm aiming for about 20). I want to stay with a simple setup, without
using
| a powerhead. I really can't afford one for now but I'm hoping someone
else
| out there has built a better diffuser than me and will share thier
secrets.
| I've tried using a piece of rigid tubing filled with marbles, gravel, and
| various other things to try and make tiny bubble that might dissolve
better
| but I've had no luck. Any ideas?
|
| __
| "Insert witty comment here."
| -John

If I read your post correctly, I only have one word.... Airstone....a
smaller airstone could make smaller bubbles, allowing the smaller bubbles to
disolve into the water better....

If I've mislead you, I apologize, but it's Friday, and I'm tired... I wanna
go home....

but if I hit the nail on the head, give me a cookie, preferrable chocolate
chip, double fudge, with icing in the middle...