Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Dinky

Default Spetracide Stump Remover-- pure K2NO3?

I did some quick research and all resources claim it's 100% potassium nitrate.

quote:
"I use Spectracide stump remover. It's 100% potassium nitrate. I found mine
at Lowes. It was in the insecticide/herbicide section in a green bottle with
a tip on it. $4.95 for 493 grams. That's enough to raise 10 gallons of water
to 11345 PPM of Nitrate and 7314 PPM of Potassium."
end quote

--
------
Billy

"BruceKGeist" wrote in message
: Does anyone know if SPECRACIDE STUMP REMOVER is pure Potassium Nitrate? Can I
: use it for dosing my Aquarium?
:
: I know that the only active ingredient is K2NO3. This I verified with the
: manufacturer. However the person who took my call could not tell me anything
: about other "inactive" ingredients.
:
: Anyone have specific experience with this product? Thanks in advance.
:
: -Bruce