Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
LeighMo

Default Plants for large driftwood

What I need is a
short plant that likes high light and will attach itself to the wood. It
should also be a slow grower, or something easily trimmed that doesn't need
replanted each trimming - like the moss. Anybody have any other
suggestions?

How about riccia, like Amano uses? It doesn't attach itself to wood, though;
he ties it there with fishing line or a fine hair net.

Anubias is a short plant, a slow grower, and will attach itself to wood...but
you'll likely have the same problems with algae growing on it that you're
currently having with the wood. That's the problem with slow-growing plants.

Personally, I just accept algae growing on the driftwood as part of the natural
decor. :-)

And clown pl*cos do a pretty good job of keeping driftwood clear of algae. I
hope mine leave the clumps of "fur" algae. I like those!

Leigh