Old 25-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Rob Zuiderwijk

Default HTML help

Geir,

The size of the table doesn't change the size/readability of the text. A
table build for 800 x 600 would contain the same size characters as a table
that would be set for your 2000 x 1600. It's all in the resolution setting
of your monitor/graphics adapter.

Just my ?0.02.

Rob Zuiderwijk

E-Mail :
Website : PhragWeb - The Phragmipedium WebSite.
(
http://www.phragweb.info)

"Geir Harris Hedemark" wrote in message
"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" writes:
changes dependent on the viewer's monitor. By setting the width to a

pixel
size based upon the least common denominator, you know it will be the

same
for all.

Sure, but people like me who have the Monitor From Hell(tm) and are
running at 2000x1600pixels may be a little frustrated when someone
assumes we want to use only 800x600 (or about 15% of the screen
area). The results are usually quite unreadable.

Assuming something about the web clients out there is not a good idea
today.

Geir