Old 20-04-2003, 07:11 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default Sword Fertilization Question

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I suggest Seachem Flourish Tabs. You insert them in the substrate.

That what I use in my 100% Flourite tank.

In my high-light, CO2-injected tank, I also give the swords pieces of Jobe's
spikes, to provide nitrate and phosphate.

This doesn't seem to be necessary in my moderate-light, non-injected tank.
It's kind of overpopulated; the fish probably provide enough nitrate.

Leigh

Thanks Robin, Leigh, Bruce, Robert,

I don't have to go to work tomorrow so most likely I will go to LFS to get
Seachem Flourish Tabs and also I need to buy some more plants.

I only have one concern about the Tabs. I currently use under tank heating mat
and I worry that water current created by the heater may have a negative effect
on the Tabs. I will give it a try though.

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com