Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Fungi on Elkhorn fern

Donald R Smith wrote:
I'm sorry, but the bits I cut off, have gone with the rubbish.
This growth is more like a fur and I cannot conceive that it is
spore-like. The fact is that it consumes the frond completely if let
go.

Don
"Donald R Smith" wrote in message
I have found a brownish fungi on the underside of the leaves of my
Elkhorn. Last year I noted the same fungi when it killed off each
infected leaf commencing at the tips and working back into the plant.
The top of the leaf gets a series of brownish dots which show the
complete coverage of fungi on the underside. The fungi first
appears as a shaded area and develops into a raised growth four to
five mms in height.
I have been cutting away the infected areas which seems to pull it up
short.
However, is there a spray I could use and does this fungi have a
name?

thanks,

Don

What colour fur?