Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Peter Pan[_5_] Peter Pan[_5_] is offline

Default Pond enzymes abd dry bacteria

I have a pond that is a few years old, approximately 3200 gal. last
year when i thought I lost all my fish, I drained the pond and vac'd
out all the fun goop that accumualted at the bottom and added fresh
water and eventually fish.
What I noticed was the water quickly turned brown and thats the way it
has stayed ever since.
I've read that veggie filters work well with water clarification as
well as adding Pond Enzymes. I don't have a pond a veggie filter so I
decided to try the Dry Bacteria and Pond Enzymes (DBPE). It says id
natually reduces sludge and other goopy stuff in the pond. Well I've
been using it for 2 weeks with no noticible changes in the water
quality.

My questions:
Does DBPE work?
What am I doing wrong with my pond and or what should I be doing?

Thanks