Old 16-06-2010, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
andy[_4_] andy[_4_] is offline

Default Replacing a hedgetrimmer recoil starter cord

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:52:17 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"andy" wrote in message
.. .
Has anyone here done this ...... Is it easy ?
I have Spear & Jackson petrol model and cord is fraying so I thought
I'd better replace it before it goes !
Is it straightforward or had I better take it in to the repair shop

Thanks for any help

I'm not familiar with your appliance, but speaking generally, cords are
fairly easy to replace by any reasonably competent DIYer. A bit of trial and
error to get the tension right may be in order.

Steve

Cheers for that steve - I think I will havea go this weekend .
Do you know if the spring tension is lost when the old cord is removed
?