Old 16-06-2010, 01:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Water Hyacinth mystery

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:16:23 EDT, DennisW
wrote:

-

Raccoons love water hyacinth! I'd bet money this is the culprit.

No raccoons in the UK John, thank God! Forgot to admit my location,
sorry I didn't mention it in my original post.

I'll blame it on the fox then. I've found them pulled out and dried up away
from the pond (WH not foxes), so perhaps that is what happened to yours,
drug off... or they walked away on their own?

I'm thinking water gardening space aliens, since you have no thieving
raccoons. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us