Old 18-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Jake_Darvall Jake_Darvall is offline
Registered User

Default Will planter boxes work up against iron wall ?

Hi,

I was wondering if this idea would work.

I've got left over palings from building a fence (untreated) and was thinking of using them to build a few basic boxes against my shed to plant things like herbs, tomatoes etc.

What I'm worried about is heat. Because this side of the shed faces north, and during summer in particular there's a lot of heat reflected. scorching at times.

Would I be wasting my time building boxes ?

I was thinking it may work if I setup a drip feed system of sorts to keep the soil moist all the time, which would be easy to do here because I have tank water tap right next door, but still thinking there'd be too much heat, and the plants will burn (and I'm not into cactii...)

appreciate any thoughts. I'm quite new to gardening.

thanks kindly
Jake
Attached Thumbnails
Will planter boxes work up against iron wall ?-wall-trellice-idea.jpg