Old 01-07-2010, 07:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Peter Pan[_5_] Peter Pan[_5_] is offline

Default Water Lillies

Ok I purchased some water lillies today, Im finally getting my Veggie
filter started. My question(s):
1) the flower came packed in a clay like soil and suggests that you
leave the plant in the plastic container and place it in shallow
water, I thought the idea of the veggie filter was for the roots to
capture fine particals. Where am I wrong? or was this not a good
plant to purchse for a veggie filter?

2) What plants do you recommend for the Veggie filter
3) How many plants do you suggest and also how long before I begin to
see signifcant results? I realize this is a subjective question but I
guess I'm asking for a ball park figure.

Thank so much for all the helpful info. moderated is definately they
way to go