Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

Default LIme sulfur or copper or sulfur spray

On 4/07/2010 10:43 PM, Loosecanon wrote:
"Sandra wrote in message
. au...
I have to say this pruning of roses isn't as simple as all make out as
everyone has a different idea so I just start prune, and hope its all ok.
Mind year this year my roses have been fantastic, impressed with myself.
So thanks to all for there help.
Sandra

It has been an awesome year for roses in Perth. The weather has been ideal
for them.

Roses are pretty forgiving.
The poms have worse weather and they can stand up to that as well.
Dont worry.
Trim them as you see fit, taking in as much as you can from others
(which can be a tad confusing)make sure you slant the cuts so water wont
be able to stay, near a bud that points outwards preferably.
I used to take pictures after to see what the results are afterwards.
Digital cameras make it so easy these days, and you can look back to see
how you did or didnt do.
Youl'l develop your own techniques.
Some will shudder at this advise, but its all how YOU enjoy the roses.At
least you care enough to get varied opinions.
Then throw in your own common sense.
My wife hasnt killed hers yet, but I cant convince her to fertilise
using cow manure and other treats.
They do wonders for most plants if given at springtime.
Lime sulphur. No problem. You did well.
See this link for further help.... It seems I'm right. Everyone is an
expert!!!And I wrote this before I found this link for you..
Bon appitit ....
http://www.gardeningtipsnideas.com/2...se_bushes.html