Old 14-07-2010, 11:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chip[_2_] Chip[_2_] is offline

Default Change

wrote:
I agree with Chip.
I ended up with a Vizio from Amazon, I thought about changing my service from regular to HDTV
and Dish would not
work with me. I would have to pay 100 bucks each to replace my two receivers, then
pay another 10 per month for highdef, then another 10 a month to "rent" my second
receiver. I just said no.

Thank you for that acknowledgment.

I wasn't going to push HD because I thought it wouldn't be all that
different. But since my cable provider duplicates (at no extra cost)
almost all of it's standard channels in HD in a set of the higher
numbers, I thought why not try it. I bought a 1080P HD TV, use it.

I can bounce between the standard and HD version in a split sec and I
was very pleasantly surprised. Clearly better and less eye straining.
My eyes ain't what they used to be even with glasses. Sports,
particularly basketball, are a revelation. I can now clearly see that
the ref got it wrong and screwed the Suns.

Chip