Old 15-07-2010, 04:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chip[_2_] Chip[_2_] is offline

Default Ponds and Pumps

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
I am glad your plants are clearing up your water.

We have a 45 minute goal for the veggie filter. The water takes about
45 minutes to go through. We calculated that by emptying it, letting
water in and tracking until it began to run out. W

If one wants a slow flow veggie filter AND an active waterfall, what is
the best way to attack that? Two pumps, one- large volume but slow flow
and two- smaller volume but high flow. Or can that be achieved w/ one
large pump and adjusting various valves and pipe sizes in the plumbing?
I would guess both ways may work, but I would just like to hear
experiences. Thanks

Chip