Old 22-07-2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Question on how to install 4x4 pressure treated posts.........

I need to install two pressure treated 4x4s in my yard that I plan to
hook a cable to as a dog run. This way he can safely chase rabbits from
my garden area. The posts are 10' long. My soil is mostly clay. How
deep should I dig the post holes for this length post? Also, I plan to
fill the holes with sacrete concrete mix. The bags are 80 lb. each at
the local hardware store. How many bags will I need for each post? Any
other tips or ideas about this installation would be most helpful.

Thank You Rich from PA