Old 23-07-2010, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Question on how to install 4x4 pressure treated posts....(All)

Yes, I will run a cable between the posts and attach the dogs lead to
the cable. The dog is small at about 25 lbs. I'm using 10' posts
because I'm 6' 3" tall and want to clear the cable with my head while
mowing lawn. Our frost line is down around three feet here in my area.
I decided to set the posts in concrete because I figure pressure treated
lumber shrinks quite a bit when it dries out. This way I can lift the
posts out and have a 4" square in the concrete. And if I ever need to
replace the posts, I can just lift the old ones out and set the new
ones in. Figure it would save me the work of digging new holes the
second time around in the future.

Rich