Old 29-07-2010, 06:21 PM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Using PL-Premium (construction adhesive) to fill holes in tree trunks

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:01:20 -0400, "Marty B." wrote:
-snip-
Silver maple is a garbage tree. The wood is soft because they grow so
fast. Surely you've noticed how they break during wind, and how fast those
things grow. Why you would want to save the thing is beyond comprehension.

Not the OP-- but here's why I want *my* silver maple. It is 150
years old & has more character than I can afford to buy. It also
shades the back of my house and my patio.

It is messy-- it drops limbs, seeds, buds, and leaves during the year.

But it also provides a few gallons of sweet maple syrup when the
spirit moves me to tap it.

Jim