Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default Maracyn (erythromycin) and Blue-Green Algae

In article , Velvet wrote:
I've no idea, it was just my early morning gripe. If it doesn't conform,
then there's bugger all I (or anyone else) can do to get it listed with the
ISC.

No, I don't think that's th problem; alt.binaries.aquaria seems
perfectly conformant to the naming conventions to me. The problem is
seperate -

1) Lots of people don't carry the alt.* newsgroups at all - they're
unimaginably huge.
2) alt.binaries.* makes up the vast majority of that traffic, so lots of
people just drop alt.binaries.

While I don't know the Usenet standards as well as I know some others,
these are the reasons I've most often heard cited. And as a sysadmin,
they make perfect sense.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.