Old 16-08-2010, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Escargo Escargo is offline

Default Ten mistakes concerning tomatoes

Bill who putters wrote in news:b2forewagner-
:

http://www.chiff.com/a/garden-tomato.htm

Thanks for this useful link.

Item 3 in the list though suggests 6 plants for a family of four!
I suppose for a family that size it may be enough for a few salads or
nibbles.
Our family is the same size but last year 22 outdoor plants(no greenhouse
here sadly) were hardly enough so this year we did 30.
The varieties are Gardeners Delight, Sweet Million(both cherry type) and
Incas(plum)
We preserve them though when we have a glut, in jars and bottles for
curries, soups juices etc. and still run out of them thats why we grow so
many.
We still have to buy fresh ones out of season.
Tomatoes my number 1 fav.

Thanks again
Sandra and Micky