Old 18-08-2010, 03:05 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnk View Post
[color=blue][i]

Still puzzled as to the cause and short of grubbing up (replacing with
privet - which has pleasant childhood memories associated with the flowers)
the cure !

Any thoughts from others ?
My single bush of V tinus doesn't smell (apart from the smell of the flowers).. It doesn't have any evidence of beetles either.

Privet is nice, or at least the scent of the flowers is, and you don't see it around that often now, so quite nice for a hedge from that point of view. Seems to grow quite fast - I've got one which has inserted itself into my hawthorn hedge, and it certainly grows faster than the hawthorn. But at least it doesn't have spines ;-)