Old 18-08-2010, 10:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default It's Hot!

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:33:32 EDT, Chumley wrote:

Been 60s-70s all Summer long here on the coast. Coolest So Cal weather
we've had in years.

I like to check out the pics along the WA coast and most every day they
haven't made it to 60F with little to no sun. Last week they saw some temps
into the 80's, sweltering for them. Then back to low clouds and cool.

Yesterday here, 103F, humidity 9%!!!! I was doing errands and wasn't
noticing as I managed to park partially in shaded areas and the AC in the
stores is always on freezing that by the time I head out of there I need to
thaw, the heat feels good.

Nice today, only 85F on my deck currently (2pm) and cloudy, got a lot of
pond work done early. Saw my 3 survivors, fry about 1-1.5" schooling
together in the lily pond. So cute. I hardly look at my adults as I'm
always looking for the kids.

Also my 2 calico telescope eyed goldfish did the wild monkey dance for me
in the stock tank so I have a bunch of those types of babies. Don't know
what I'm going to do with them all. Winter the largest over in the lily
pond I suppose. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us