Old 23-08-2010, 08:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default the lure of Coca Cola .....

more thinking of teh ingrediants which i will try this season, but
will still use my trap bottles so once in they can't get out and
usually drown anyway, just that the femal tropical fruit fly is very
ahrd to lure we run male fruit fly wicks in trap bottles not made to
hold the fly in in but to protect the wick from weather once in the
bottle they succumb to the pheramone small and land on the wick or
breathe the fumes and die.

trouble is lately no matter how many male flies we get, the females
are very prolific, and none of the bait recipes that we have passed
on, on our page work here.

i'll give this one a go hope it works. still be using nets but until
it shows it works.

lots of gardeners in qld lookig for an effective control for the
female flie. so if this works it might be a boon?

even with the male wick that works so well only need to miss a couple
with all those females around and it is all so much more ineffective,
has worked well in the past in other gardens, makes me think we now
have a more virilant species in this place. my theory someone planted
a quava or the like and don't do any husbandry, they certainly don't
reproduce in our garden.

anyhow thanks for teh info

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:36:52 +0000 (UTC), John Savage
wrote:
snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And