Old 23-08-2010, 11:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
lilipili lilipili is offline

Default bugs boring into eggplants, caps and tommies

Late last summer my friend and I started harvesting our eggplants,
capsicums and the last of the tomatoes (we're in Melbourne). At the
end of the season we found lots of tiny holes in the vegies. When we
cut open the fruits, there were medium sized white bugs - lavae of
some sort - a lot bigger than the tiny hole made by the bug. It's a
bit of a shock to find this squirming sometimes quite large grub like
bug. We've just put in more summer seeds and want to know what the
bugs are and how to deter them for this coming spring/summer season.
Does anyone know what they are?

Thanks also for the kale tips. Just went to a vegetable preserving
workshop and now have some lovely culture to preserve some of it.