Old 01-09-2010, 07:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default are pineapples dipped in fungicide?

Any pineapple growers here? When I was a kid Mum would sometimes boil the
skin and core of a pineapple, decant the liquid and add sugar to make a
cheap but tasty drink.

I don't much like the modern candy-sweet pineapples, but saw the recipe
for pineapple syrup as a spread for toast and thought I may try it with a
clean-looking pineapple.

http://www.gardenexpress.com.au/foru...=16141#p170623

I'll scrub the pineapple before peeling it, but would like to check here
first in case the fruit is sprayed or dipped in fungicide before being
sent to market. Anyone able to say one way or t'other?