Old 01-09-2010, 01:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Water celery also yellowing Iron problem?

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 07:58:20 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Not only our WH, but also our water celery is yellowing in the new
growth. Iron? I doubt it is a nitrogen issue with koi and goldfish
in the pond. Lilies seem to be doing fine.

Any thoughts on what is going on or how to check.

What is your pH? You can dump a truck load of nutrients in, but if your pH
is high the plants can't take it up. Every plant has its best pH threshold.
Though I suspect celery is pretty high, as I have the variegated variety
growing fine in the cut holes of cement blocks around my lily pond. Granted
the blocks are now 9 years old. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us