Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

On 9/4/2010 5:48 PM, ransley wrote:
On Sep 4, 5:25 pm, Steve wrote:
On 9/4/2010 11:16 AM, James wrote:

I live in North Florida. There is a yellow jacket bee hive in a big clump
of pampass grass (sawgrass), that I can't get rid of. I have used the
long-shot Black Flag sprays, using a total of (3 ) 18 oz cans at one
time, but I cannot get rid of the nest. The bees come right back to it.

I used the long-shot spray method because of the danger of getting too
close, but even that was risky, as I had to fight off many bees with the
spray, as they were coming after me.

My wife got stung 8 times while she was working near this spot, and that
is how we first learned of it...

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get rid of this nest ?
The pampas grass is quite large, and I cannot see the actual nest, but
dozens and dozens of bees continue to fly in and out of the plant, so I know
it is in there somewhere.

Please help !!!

Thank you.

James

You'll HAVE to find the hole and pour about a half gallon of gasoline
down it. Done.

--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email- Hide quoted text -

And what about his grass plant, that will be dead too.

Not that i usually see your dumass posts cause i have you filtered in my
regular computer, but, since i did see this one, i'll answer. IF he
gets the gas IN the hole and not all over the ****ing grass, it won't be
harmed. DUH.

now PLONKED on this pc also.

--