Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

On 9/4/10 7:48 PM, James wrote:
Why do all of you assume there is a "hole" ???? Most likely, it is a
big nest, built inside the sawgrass.

In the south they nest underground, so there must be a hole. I've found
it takes only a tablespoon of gasoline. Sometimes waiting until sunset
has helped me locate holes, but papas grass could make it tough.

You could wait until dark and toss a piece of liver where you think the
hole is. Liver attracts skunks. A skunk who finds the hole will
destroy the nest.

Another trick is an electric bug zapper on a long pole. Stick it where
you think the hole is and shake it until the yellow jackets attack it.