Old 05-09-2010, 01:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 19:03:20 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

James wrote:
I live in North Florida. There is a yellow jacket bee hive in a big clump
of pampass grass (sawgrass), that I can't get rid of. I have used the
long-shot Black Flag sprays, using a total of (3 ) 18 oz cans at one
time, but I cannot get rid of the nest. The bees come right back to it.

I used the long-shot spray method because of the danger of getting too
close, but even that was risky, as I had to fight off many bees with the
spray, as they were coming after me.

My wife got stung 8 times while she was working near this spot, and that
is how we first learned of it...

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get rid of this nest ?
The pampas grass is quite large, and I cannot see the actual nest, but
dozens and dozens of bees continue to fly in and out of the plant, so I know
it is in there somewhere.

Please help !!!

Thank you.

James

Wow, you must have them really ****ed off. I usually leave them alone
and they leave me alone. I have a nest under the eave of my porch. I
don't mind them.

Why does this not surprise anyone?