Old 05-09-2010, 08:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default the lure of Coca Cola .....

g'day john,

it's amazing the applications they heve devised to apply to out fresh
f&v alone, they even use a spray to cause he pineaple to fruit earlier
it is a man made concoction and probably the elast harmless of
applications, but the fruit isn't emerging quiet naturally is it, all
designed to increase harvests. yeh never ever knew that pineapples got
sunburn??? lived out moggill way when i was a kid that was pineapple
and dairy territory, knew lots of pineapple farmer kids knew that
crows do a lot of damage, but never ever heard anything about
sunburn?? and a few weeds in the plantation didn't seem to purturb the
grower or the pineapple.

my view is like their brom' cousins they realy don't take that much
from the soil so competition not such a worry. of course picking fruit
among some healthy scotch thistle plants not the best i suppose but
that is the making man comfortable part not the helping the pine grow.

i used to think that the old pineaple didn't need things done but ag'
science sees it differently hey? did see a doco' once where apples and
pears cop up to 600 spray applications before they are picked, might
not be 600 different chemiclas, most are systemic applications so
peeling and washing won't ge rid of the residues not like way back
when! all we ahd to do was wash a bit of pyrethrum residue off the
fruit.

and all this time us gardeners who grow pineapples always trying to
get fruit quicker than around 18 months, and the farmer is cheeting.
and also of course they have the public duped into eating immature not
ripe fruit, all for better storage and transporting. citrus all
treated with anti mould chem's heavy metals involved. takes a pine
around 6 months to matue and ripen nicely that is a lot of money
siting out there on the field hey? the quicker they pick the quicker
another planting takes place. don't they get all their planting
material free in the return of tops from the processor? no other
farmer does.

got no faith in organic all corrupt realy as the oranic farmer can use
the same chemiclas but with a longer with holding period. where there
is money to be made and man you get corruption. and also looking at
what the big s/markets call organic it all looks the same exactly as
the ordinary stuff but dearer.

yeh well don is another story hey? dunno about gum trees but this
citrus is suffering a tad, funny thing this tree was a seedling tree
and the only citrus affected, the others all grafts. we grew it for
shade which it is now providing so now we need to do all the save it,
everytime i see the bit of sap we spray, oops there goes my organic
illusion.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:14:59 +0000 (UTC), John Savage
wrote:

snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And