Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
kush

Default Ghost Shrimp

One side of my tank is planted as a "refuge." I've got Ludwigia repens and
Hygrophila polysperma which are pruned down tight at about 6" - 8" with
Sagittaria subulata as a "back wall" and little 4" ozelot swords planted as
a "hedge" in front.

In theory, any small fish which can escape into the "refuge" should be safe
from the bigger fish. In practice, the Buenos Aries tetras go torpedoing
through the plantings like, well, like little 3" torpedoes.

kush

Cesium wrote in message
Results: All twenty ghosts escaped (so far). The Buenos Aries tetras

are
hunting them through the shrubberies, but it seems to be just for sport

and
no actual killings have been perpetrated (that I know of).

I like this idea. If you could get this "shrubbery" deep enough that the
shrimp could create a self-sustaining colony and not worry about a few
angel-related deaths, that would be awesome. Why is my strategy for
breeding always to add as many of an organism as possible and hope they
breed?
-Cesium

---