Old 20-09-2010, 03:33 PM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Hopping pests

atec77 wrote:
On 20/09/2010 6:39 PM, Trish Brown wrote:
atec77 wrote:
On 20/09/2010 12:45 PM, terryc wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:51:55 +1000, atec77 wrote:

Irish of course
almost a metre tall and 60kg

Lol, local kids just love the local one when they see it down the park,
NOT. Freaks them out totally when I just walk up and pat it and still
have my hands. Once they realise they aren't going to be lunch, they
are
amazed.

The hound is smarter than most humans which upsets many , far most
thoughtful and trustworthy

I've never known a crook wolfhound. They're usually the kindliest, most
quiet-natured dogs. I s'pose, like most dogs, it all depends on the
owner and how they've been brought up. I just love the honest faces and
the jaunty tail-carriage. ;-)

When we lost the dog to cancer two years ago we allowed him access to
some of the house , he enjoyed stealing thing like the remote into his
bed and waiting for us to look , just a little smart and humorous .

LOL! Our bully did a very similar thing. She kept stealing pairs of
rolled-up socks into her bed and 'mothering' them until they were missed
and retrieved.

Don't for a moment think they are anything but a wolf descendent however
as to protect a family member once the dog grabbed someone by the arm
pulling them back and snapping it like a twig .

Yes. The King of Dogs. I see all dogs as wolf descendents and when they
behave like a dog/wolf, it doesn't surprise me. Gives me the
heebie-jeebies when people treat their animals like stuffed toys and
then get a surprise when the animal instinct kicks in.

Bah! Humbug! Oh, and Hah! Bumbug! as well. ;-D

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia