Old 25-02-2003, 06:22 PM
bk

Default store bought bio filters

I use the Tetra canister filter PF-3 (I think).
It's very simple, I wash off the filter pads and that's realy it.
I got one rated for about 1500 gallons for my 12 gallon pond.
"Tim Wardell" wrote in message
news7N6a.259954$be.242476@rwcrnsc53...
whirrr... (the sound of a can of worms being opened)

I know there are numerous advocates of DIY biofilters. The internet is
filled with homepages dedicated to sharing plans on how to build a

homemade
biofilter. I've built a few of my own but have never been that happy with
them (seems I always overlook something, or they don't work as well as I
planned).
I'm now building a pond for my parents (both retired) and am wanting

use an "out-of-pond" manufactured filter (store bought). Since this will

be
at my parents home, getting in the pond on a regular basis is not an

option,
so I am not interested in submersible / in-pond filters. I'd like to get
input from others out there who have used such filters - Oase Bio Clear,
Cyprio Green Machine, and/or others. What I'd like to know is...
- What filter (name/brand, manufacturer)
- Has it done the job? Are you happy with it?
- How hard / easy has it been to maintain?

Please share your comments, suggestions, and war-stories.

Thanks,

Tim Wardell
Dallas, Texas