Old 23-09-2010, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Garden mirror information

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:13:55 +0000, Grumpy-Grower
wrote:

Hi there

I am looking to put a garden mirror along the back wall of my garden
to give the look of more space, as its a small garden and want it to
look better.

I found this website selling garden mirrors: 'Garden Mirrors'
(http://tinyurl.com/3akmkqp)

But has anyone had any experience installing these type of mirrors or
cleaning them? I'm sure it will look ok once put in but what about
long term? I don't want my garden to look like someone is
fly-tipping mirrors in there! :-)

AIUI, mirrors in the garden fool birds into thinking there's open
space there and they fly into them at high speed. Be prepared to
collect many dead birds with broken necks.

I think it must depend on the precise situation. When I moved here two
years ago there were mirrors neatly installed on a four-foot-high
retaining wall facing the house at a distance of about fifteen feet. I
did have some misgivings, but decided to leave them for a while to see
what happened, as I didn't think birds would interpret what they saw as
a way out: and there have, indeed, been no casualties at all.

--
Mike.