Old 23-09-2010, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Garden mirror information

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:13:55 +0000, Grumpy-Grower
wrote:
AIUI, mirrors in the garden fool birds into thinking there's open
space there and they fly into them at high speed. Be prepared to
collect many dead birds with broken necks.

Some time ago when working, we put bird feeders outside our office window -
about 20ft away. We couldn't understand that often in late afternoon, we
would get small birds flying into the window.
We evetually relised that the sunset was reflected in the window and the
birds woud fly towards the relection. We saved a few stunned birds and moved
the feeder to a safer place.

Bill