Old 27-09-2010, 09:58 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy-Grower View Post
Wow thanks guys, never even thought of the bird problem!

But I was actually thinking of having the mirror low down and long rather than upright.

There is a wall at the bottom of my garden so I was going to have a 2" x 6" mirror run along the back of the plants so it would reflect the plants and the garden. Not sure birds would see it with it being so low.

I'll try and post a picture to better explain.

Thanks
If you've got plants in front of the mirror, you wouldn't get the bird strike problem. I would have expected you to get algae growing on the mirror, and mud splashes on it, so you'd want to wipe it down now and again - so leave a 6 inch space behind the plants to get to the mirror. But I've not done this myself so there may be other problems I haven't thought of.