Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Newbie Newbie is offline

Default Coring v Spike lawn aerators + How effective is Mantis an aerator?

In article , FarmI
ask@itshall wrote:

: LOL. I'm beginning to enjoy the absurdity of this lawn obssession.

Absurd discussions are as old as Usenet itself. However lawn questions
are simple here. I'll reword my dilemma:

I understand that core aeration is considered better than spike.

Although my lawn is small, age/health/strength increasingly make up for
that, so I'd prefer a power tool.

Power core aerators seem very expensive. I can afford a few hundred,
but not a few thousand.

So I can either get a power spike aerator, or manual core aerator.
(Would like opinion of all who are not salesmen for either product.)

Finally there are many inexpensive power cultivators, and I am just
wondering if spike aerator does anything these don't.

That's it. Please opine away. (I don't even mind people like Brooklyn
taking down to me as long as they are on topic.)