Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
M Walczak

Default Do adult SAEs eat algae?

Bruce,
Im columbus, oh. There is a place here I can get them for 4 bucks by
the bucket load. My family lives in detroit metro area Sterling
hgts, actually, and im coming home soon in the coming weeks for
christmas.

theyre small about 1.5 inches but like u know get bigger.
matt
(BruceKGeist) wrote in message ...
My experience with SAEs has also been that they eat voraciously-- both algae
and introduced food. My SAEs are now at least 3.5 to 4 inches, and they are
always scouring leaves-- especially around the edges-- for algae. This even
when I feed twice a day-- once with brine shrimp, and a second time with flake
food.

My tank temperature is about 78 degrees F. I wonder if that could affect their
appetite.. What is your tank temp?

These are the greatest fish! They are always good natured, and they are fun
to watch. I still have to truck off to Buffalo NY to get them, since they are
hard to find in the Detroit Metro area. (I've had to replace a few due to a
disease outbreak a few months ago, but some of my SAEs are now a couple of
years old.)

(Anyone know of a source for SAEs in Detroit?)

-Bruce Geist