Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
X-Addict

Default Where to get a good electronic ballast for 3/4 Fluorescents?

Hi all.. I picked out a ballast I think will work for my application
(my tank is 50G and won't be highly planted -- just medium at best).

Anyway, I need to get rid of my temporary lighting that I'm using
now as it is providing insufficient light. Anyway, the ballast I
picked out isn't available at my local HD or Lowes -- these guys
almost exclusively carry magnetic ballasts.. Sheesh.. Anyway, do you
guys get them at your local electrical supply house or somewhere
else?

Also, I picked a ballast made by Sylvania, but it won't work with
more than (T12 F40) 3 lamps. Are there other manufacturers that
make ballasts that could be made to work with 4 lamps?

Thanks!

X-addict