Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Bugbear

Default Do adult SAEs eat algae?

Here's what I do. I gave my SAE 3 choices.

1. they either eat the algae
2. they eat each other or
3. they lay on the bottom and starve

Anyway, I feed just enough that the rainbows get some and a few
pellets hit the bottom for the cory's. As for the SAE, they're for
algae and nothing else. They eat it or they die. Sounds kind of
cruel but that's how it is in my tank. So far they continue there
usual busy selves of picking the algae off the plants. Now if I
didn't have any algae, I would feed but as I do, they have there food.

oSpam (LeighMo) wrote in message ...
IME, adults don't eat as much algae as the juveniles, but they still eat algae.
Mine are about the size of yours, and I feed them 2-3 times a day. But
between meals, they still forage for algae. They nibble at my java moss a lot,
probably because there's no filamentous alge left in the tank. And they really
go to town if I put in an algae-covered plant from another tank.

Leigh