Old 11-10-2010, 12:41 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Heavy machinery has damaged my lawn.

Graeme wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm going to try your suggestion of
loosening the soil with a fork, backfilling with soil and then
over-seeding. My only dilemna then is in trying to identify the type
of grass in my nature strip. Do you think if I took a sample to
Bunnings them might be able to identify it?

Thanks,

Graeme.

No, at bunnings they sell stuff they don't know anything. What does it
matter? Buy some cultivar that suits the climate and situation. The world
will not end if your nature strip looks a little patchy. I promise.