Old 12-10-2010, 04:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Willi Willi is offline

Default Overwintering mini roses?

"princewest13" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news

I just got a potted miniature rose as a gift and am wondering if this is
something I could plant outdoors. I will probably try anyway over the
summer but wanted to know if you have any tips to help better it's
chances of survival.

--
princewest13

It is a good habit to cover the bottom parts of roses with earth for winter.
In March you can begin to remove it step-by-step and later, when you see
which branches will grow and which won't, cut off the dead parts.

G Willi