Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
kush

Default DIY Yeast method materials...

Whoops! You weren't asking for MY plans. Sorry. I type faster than I read.

kush wrote in message
Plans? We don't need no steenkin' plans!

Poke a hole in the cap of a 2-liter soda bottle, insert some tubing and
seal it with aquarium sealant. Wait a couple of days for it to set. Put
1.5 cups of sugar, 1/2 tsp. yeast and a pinch of baking soda (optional) in
the bottle and fill to the shoulder with warm-not-hot water. Shake
vigorously. Screw the cap on the bottle and insert the other end of the
tube wherever you want the CO2 to go i.e., filter intake, powerhead,
airstone, diffusing chamber. Wait an hour or so for the bubbles to start.
Lasts approximately two weeks.

If the bottle is going to be lower than the tank, for instance in a

cabinet
underneath, you probably want to put a one-way valve on the tubing.

kush

Phil Williamson wrote in message
can you send me your plans and possibly a picture of your co2 injector?

Regards,

Phil..

"Jason @hotmail.com" jasonjudkinsspamremoval wrote in message
. com...
Hey folks, I built my DIY yeast co2 injector for my 63 gal tank, it

works
great! just used a 2 liter bottle, tubing, fine airstone w/ check

valve...
Each concoction produces co2 for about a week and a half... I am very

happy
with it

So here is my question: Does anyone know of a good or common place to

get
blow valve? (I.e. a valve that will discharge within a certain PSI

range)
would like to make my DIY system fault tolerant, but I am just stumped

on
where to get the blow valve... any ideas? Thanks!

-Jason