Old 13-10-2010, 06:33 PM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Help regarding flowering tree

Loosecanon wrote:

D'ya think I'm being too fussy with my requirements???

My experience with trees (single trunk) is they don't flower longer than a
month or so. So I think you would be better to have something that looks
nice even when it is not flowering. So like a gingko with it's leaves. A
crepe myrtle with it's trunk, autumn leaves and flowers. A dracanea draco
for it's awesome looks. But remember to look how big things grow. The roots
will go out twice as far as the height. You may be restricted if it becomes
boggy some trees will drown. Pecans won't but it grows to a great height!

Thank you, loosecannon! Gingko wins! Hadn't thought of that... ;-D

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia